Sunday 28 November 2010

Times for the Gym

Another day in the gym but instead of my usual 7.30/8 pm time we went at 10.30am, didn't think it would make much of a difference. But I suffered for it, I don't know if it was because it was warmer or whether my dinner is a lot bigger than my breakfast but everything felt a lot harder and I letting off a lot more Sweat!

On the plus side I did improve my times on my weekly triathlon workout and improved some of my weights. Although not by a lot, a little often is brilliant. I am still convinced I will do this at least once every 6 days except when we go to australia but then we won't have a valid reason not to go for a run around the block because of the weather (as long as we go at a sensible time)

Right the results, again apologise about the layout it won't let me put tabs in where I want so it all gets bunched up!!

Exercise 1st 2nd 3rd

Bike 2.66 1.67 0.80
Treadmill 0.82 0.52 0.28
Rower 701 320 192
Stepper 0.38 0.16 0.08

Also we did weights today starting off with an Assisted Chin Up which I have never done before and to confuse everything the lighter the weight the harder it is to do - so the heavier the weight the easier it is to do. I did 10 reps and 2 sets. So the weights I did:

Assisted Chin Up: 47kg
Seated Leg Curl: 30kg
Seated Leg Press: 50kg
Row/Rear Deltoid: 15kg
Chest Press: 15kg
Shoulder Press: 3kg
Sit Ups 40

I am pleased because I managed to lift slightly more on some of them even after doing the cv workout. With Alex's encouragment anyways I increased thm and I want to increase the ones I didn't increase this time I want to increase them next time.

The last few days I've done either dog walking (always good for the dog though they get a lot more exercise than us!) and home exercises. Its stupid the Gym is only a minute away but the amount of effort it takes to get there is unreal - even though I enjoy it when I'm there doh!

If you would like to sponser me please visit: http://www.runningsponsorme.org/samanthacairns

No comments:

Post a Comment