Monday 22 November 2010

Motivation to get outside

Over the weekend we took the dog for a long walk which is good for all of us. Today again I went to the gym did the same workout as last week these were the results:

Exercise Circuit 1 Circuit 2 Circuit 3

Bike 2.60 1.55 0.83
Treadmill 0.80 0.48 0.28
Rower 640 313 157
Stepper 0.38
Cross Trainer 0.42 0.27

Now you will notice that i have an extra exersise - this wasn't because I was feeling fitter it was because I went to the gym half an hour earlier and it was a lot busier so the stepper wasn't free, and the cross trainer was the next best thing.

What I have also decided to do is put my results onto a spreadsheet so that in 6 months I can see how I improve. (Also I left my workout card in the gym, alex went back to get it and its dissapeared!)

Why I called this motivation to get outside is because I have zero motivation at the moment - so I have to make a choice do I run my 5km on the treadmill and risk giving up because I'm bored or do I brave the weather go at midday on a weekend and do it outside.

I promised myself that once a month I would time each section and when it gets warmer start doing them together. I have 9 days to do my 5km and I think its going to have to be outside due to the fact once I get to the church (half way) I have no option but to come back even if I have to walk it!

If you would like to sponser me please use this website http://www.runningsponsorme.org/samanthacairns

No comments:

Post a Comment