Monday 6 December 2010

Weekend Off

The first this is I haven't been to the gym since I went on Thursday so I am really pleased I went on Thursday as I was hoping to go last night but it was late and I was tired. Now that isn't to say I sat around doing nothing all weekend, Friday I did my normal 2 mile walk with going to work, and saturday and Sunday I was mostly on my feet doing Bag Packing with the Air Cadets.

I do feel like I've had a real poor weekend and I did miss going out and doing something to make me sweat and get my heart rate up. I know it is also a good thing to have a rest especially since I haven't been to good (I would say man flu but I'm not a man!).

The plan of action tonight which is the 10 minute challenge. Now I have posted previous results on the 10 minute challenge but didn't really explain what the 10 minute challenge was. It is basically what it says it is, on each machine you have 10 minutes to do as much as you can, you can have breaks in between but there is no set time - it is up to you not to take the piss. Also to keep at the same levels where you can so you can get an accurate reading for increase of distance.

Here are my goals for tonights 10 minute challenge - I will let you know tommorow if I reach them! (or mabye edit this post tonight to let you know!)

Bike -------------- 5km (previous 4.37)
Run -------------- 1.5 km (previous 1.37)
Rower------------ 2000m (previous 1762m)
Stepper ---------- 1km (previous 0.74km)
Cross Trainer --- 2.3km (previous 2.02km)

Now I know it will be diffucult to get these because I worked my butt off last time and struggled certainly with the running and the cross trainer but the whole point of training is to get better!! Again I will be doing 2 arm weights, and 2 leg weights as well as 50 sit ups.

Fail: If you are ill and have been asleep most of the day don't go to the gym - it will make you feel even worse than you already do. Lesson of the day get well before working out (since you won't be able to if you aren't well)

If you would like to sponser me visit http://www.runningsponsorme.org/samanthacairns

No comments:

Post a Comment