Tuesday 7 December 2010

Motivation

I am a member of the Beginner Triathlete Forum and people's signitures inspire me or make me laugh - here is a selection of what I feel are the best:

Work to live, dont live to work

Its better to have memories rather than dreams

Why do I do these things? because one day I wont be able too

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." ~ George Bernard Shaw

"Everybody's got a plan until they get hit." Mike Tyson

Laura Elorde: “When you treat people right and you have the heart for everybody, they will respect you, love you and remember you.”

There is no staying the same. You are either striving to get better, or allowing yourself to get worse.

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come"

Celebrate success; even if it is not your own.

One Life, One Chance

Happy are they who dream dreams and have the courage to see them through.

Never confuse having a career with having a life

Follow your dreams. Except for that one where you're naked at work.

You're only as good as your last race.

"If you can't win, make the fellow ahead of you break the record."

"If you set a goal for yourself and are able to achieve it, you have won your race. Your goal can be to come in first, to improve your performance, or just finish the race its up to you." -Dave Scott, Triathlete

Train hard, race easy.

"If you believe only in what others see in you, you'll be forever at the mercy of their limited imaginations." – dredwards

Train smart, race hard, and results will take care of themselves.

A champion is someone who actually does what others only talk about doing.

'Do or do not, there is no try.' Yoda

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." ~ George Bernard Shaw

"When you have been trained, you may eat." Master Shifu, Kung Fu Panda

"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"--Vince Lombardi

I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be. Douglas Adams

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." ~ Michael Jordan

”I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.” -- Picasso.

There is no beauty but the beauty of action.

"Keep going. You will be tired. Just keep going." –Whizzzzz

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. ~Ayn Rand

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." ~ Winston Churchill

"When it's time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Listen to your body, just don't believe it all the time.

I'm not slow, I'm just enjoying the race longer.

"It never gets easier, you just go faster!" -Greg LeMond

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can." - The Little Engine That Could

In order to succeed, one must first make the attempt.

Keep chipping away at it.

Just say NO to negativity!

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this; today is not that day."

There's nothing like biting off more than you can chew, and then chewing anyway.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke

"It's never too late to become what you might have been". George Elliot

this is not a dress rehearsal, this is it your life.

If it is worth having then it is worth working for!

So a big thank you for all of these little snippets, they are always good motivation

No comments:

Post a Comment