Tuesday 22 February 2011

Running

I have finally done it - though mabye kicking and screaming - we went for a run in the wide world instead of hiding in the gym. (Although my husband does do outside running anyway!) I must say I was very very impressed with my self - the plan was to run/walk to Naphill village hall, walk around the field and run/walk back. Using my new funky iphone app (Micoach) (and a pocked sewn into my t-shirt) I was able to track my route, speed, distance, calories (no idea how accurate) and pace as well as splits which I don't understand.

To the village hall it was 1.91km and I walked for only 0.23km - so for more than half which is what I thought I would be able - we then walked half a km (exactly) around the field, which helped get rid of the stitch I had - we then finished at a total marker of 4.18km - although I did walk more often on the way back (but definatly not more than half)

What I was going to say suprised me was that we were slower on the way back - but putting elevation as an overlay - its actually up hill coming back :D

At least the first barrier has been broken - I have been outside :D

No comments:

Post a Comment