Sunday 8 May 2011

Slow Third Week

Third week of training and it's been a bit of a slow week on the training front for me - a total of 87mins because I've had 4 days where either I was recovering or just plain failed to get off the sofa. On the plus side I started work on Thursday which means I can start getting into a proper routine! However on the downside (exercise wise) I will be away for a few days doing training etc but I am still determined to get exercise in since it will make a nice change to driving in my car to visit the various training area's.

On the plus side the 3 sessions I did we're some of my best. It started out with my furthest run outside at 4.65km in 35.48mins - on target so far as running is conserned. I can also make that loop into a 5km by running round the field for a second time. I also picked up the pace a bit and kept up with my husband who paced me for aproximetly a km. I didn't walk to much, felt fantastic afterwards and suffered the next day. But with practice I will get better.

I did an 11min swim - not anywhere near as long as I wanted because I went in hoping to do 600-700m however when I entered there was 20mins until closing time! and I still needed to get changed, get a decent workout in and get out and changed! I could have left it but I knew already that I was down on my workout's this week so thought sod it I'l do as much as I can until I'm told to get out - which meant no stopping. It worked to my advantage because it was my fastest swim as per average lengths and no stopping at the ends to catch my breath. In 11 minutes I managed 340m - well on target for my 500m in 15mins. I think at the moment I'm doing 500m in 20mins. Or at least I know I can do 600m in 23mins.

Lastley yesterday we went to the sports hall - the plan was to show my sister in law the military fitness test because she's thinking of joining up, so we let her (and my husband) do the bleep test (which I sat out on to do the bleeps on my iphone) and then max effort pressups in a minute (I can only do girly ones) and max effort sit ups in a minute.

We were then supposed to be going on the run we did Tuesday however it was getting dark and I didn't have my reflective gear with me - and neither did my husband or his sister. So we thought we would do a mini circuit because my sister in law couldn't go into the fitness suite. Because I hadn't done the bleep test I ran twice around the hall just to warm up - then did the sit ups and press ups. Our circuit consisted of (At a minute each) Step Ups, half sits, Astride Jumps, lunges, squats and tricep dips. After which I then ran 10 laps around the hall (the others did less - although they had done the bleep test) We were hurting by this point and decided to do it again but at 30seconds to each exercise but no stopping inbetween. We did this and because my running is the weakest I did another 10laps around the hall whilst they packed up the equipment.

We worked out that I ran 1.76km at aprox 30seconds a lap (80m a lap) really pleased I did it but suffering today! The tops of my legs are aching like anything. However that isn't the reason I'm not doing anything today - thats because I'm going to London and slept in this morning.

So although the timing is not up to what I hoped I had 3 really really good work outs so I'm still pleased this week, hopefully next week I will get some more workouts in!

No comments:

Post a Comment