Saturday 5 March 2011

Hard Cycle

The sun was shining and I had done the kitchen so thought I would take the bike out for the first time in my gear and go for slightly longer than I did last time. I had a really good run although made the mistake of not sticking to my planned route and went down a road that look like amazing fun. Which it was and I loved it and made me think whats taken me so long to get a bike. But then I had to come up bradnam hill and for those of you who don't know bradnam hill I'l just say that the car struggles to get up it sometimes. So I will admit I walked up the steepest part and died walking up it! I am pleased to say I did get back on my bike at the top of the steepest bit to finish off the hill and cycle home.

So I will say I am really pleased with my cycle today and I realise I have a lot of work to do since I did 7.75km in 37.53 - however I did also climb 109m (in one go) and I know the triathlon route is regarded as flat. So here is a chart of my workout:
Along the bottom is distance, left side is speed, right side is elevation.

Problems I need to sort out are:
- Water bottel - whether I get a holder or take a bag I don't care but I was sooo thirsty today
- Move the seat forward a bit - I did try and fail and I should of perserved it was uncomfortable
- Learn to use gears effeciantly because I'm wasting so much effort getting them wrong
-avoid pot holes - they hurt.

Overall a positive session but I am worried about getting down to 20km in 40 minutes which is my plan for the triathlon - and that will be after the swim and the run still to go, arrghh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment